VCSEL day Call for Papers
European “VCSEL day” Workshop 2019
May 9-10, 2019
VUB, Brussels, Belgium
PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 15.04.2019
The VCSEL day 2019 will be hosted by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) on May 9 and 10, 2019. The workshop will provide an informal forum for discussing most recent results and achievements in the field of Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers, related devices and technology.
The workshop is arranged in the form of oral presentations of about 10 minutes plus 5 minutes discussion. We warmly encourage attendees to stimulate vivid discussions based on the content of presented works.
Topics of the workshop include:
- Novel laser materials, structures, and technologies (nanostructures, quantum wells, quantum wires, quantum dots, photonic crystals, microcavities, quantum cascades, nitrides)
- Laser physics and modelling (static and dynamic properties, noise, carrier dynamics, feedback phenomena, nonlinear effects, chaos, and synchronization)
- Nonlinear dynamics of VCSELs and VECSELs
- Optical feedback, optical injection, mutual coupling, chaos synchronization and current modulation
- High power surface emitting lasers
- Mode locked VCSELs and external cavity lasers (VECSELS) (for frequency comb generation, OTDM applications, THz generation)
- Long and short wavelength surface emitting lasers (quantum cascade lasers, violet, blue, green, red lasers, frequency doubled lasers)
- VCSELs for telecommunication (wavelength tunable lasers, arrays, grating lasers)
- Laser integrated devices (monolithic and hybrid integrated devices, integration-related issues, modulators to be integrated with lasers)
- Semiconductor optical amplifiers in vertical cavity geometry
- All-optical processing using VCSELs and VECSELs
Should you consider attending VCSEL day, we would be glad if you could submit one page summary of your presentation through Submit a paper before April 15, 2019. According to the Workshop’s policy, the Program Committees will do their best to accommodate all submitted contributions in oral workshop sessions. In case of a large number of submissions, an interactive poster session will also be organized.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Brussels,
Krassimir Panajotov, Muistapha Tlidi, Hugo Thienpont, Patrice Megret